Sunday, August 1, 2010

Let's Get This Party Started!


I am over 400 lbs and I need to lose weight. That's the basic premise of this blog. I'm fat. I have been fat all my life and frankly I'm getting a little sick of it. I'm 31 so obviously it took a while for me to get to this point (both in weight and frustration). This is my first blog and though I doubt anyone other than my family and some friends will read it, I feel the need to make myself accountable to someone or something in order to give me motivation to meet my goals.

ABOUT ME:
You may be wondering about me. Or not. But since I like to talk I'll tell you about me any way. Been fat all my life obviously, but I learned to either successfully challenge those who insulted me or ignore it completely. I'm oblivious to a lot of things so ignoring the world around me is almost second nature. Sad but true.

I grew up in community theater with a bipolar mother who designed costumes and an epileptic actor-director father whose day job was writing science fiction books. I have three siblings -- two sisters and a brother -- all of which are older then me. I totally have Spoiled-Youngest-Child Syndrome.

I've been acting since I was 8, writing stories since I was 12, producing and filming movies since I was 17, and professionally editing since I was 19. I'm a published author with a respectable number of rejection letters for unpublished novels, a freelance editor who has operated my own business including wedding videography (More Than Words Videos), demo reel production (Reel Chance Productions), and narrative movies and TV shows (Sine Fine Films). I have a BA in University Studies from SIUC with a duel emphasis in Cinema and Anthropology and a Minor in Classical Civilizations (I can "Luke I am your father" in Latin!).

Other strange accomplishments include founding a gypsy dancing troupe in high school, winning over 20 medals in Speech Team events, writing and producing a radio play that was aired and adored in Australia, having 5 out of the 6 TV shows I've made be aired on multiple local TV stations, creating seven nationally aired promotional spots for APT and PBS, and being the lead editor on a series of documentaries that were nominated for two Emmy Awards. I also have the worst spelling of anyone I know.
In my spare time I design fantastical masks and doll clothes based on mythical gods, roam the countryside looking for historical landmarks, make up new kingdoms in my head, care for my two cat Mujaji, and dote on my two nieces and three nephews.

And if you've read all of this you're either a REALLY good friend or a glutton for punishment.

1 comment: